Sunday, November 11, 2012

IPL franchise in an exclusive

Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan discusses his IPL franchise in an exclusive with angshuman paul of B&E

 B&E: What are your aspirations for your IPL team?

SRK:
I dream that the kids and young generation of Kolkata (and of the entire country) will be fans of my team. That’s my dream as an entertainer and more importantly, my passion for sports and cricket. Let me remind you I have acquired the IPL franchise, not only from the business point of view, so my plans aren’t efficient corporate plans. I believe that to do future planning in business, you must be experienced & I don’t think like businessmen.

B&E: So you will not be adopting any conventional corporate strategies in order to generate revenues?

SRK:
I have invested a big stake and as an investor I am concerned about every move of the team but as such, as I said, I don’t know the art of business. Even I don’t have huge funds which big business houses or other industrialists in the field of sports have. So at this time I do feel I won’t be able to survive in the business of sports. But yes, overall the business of sports is very interesting and profitable, both for businessmen and for our country too.


Source : IIPM Editorial, 2012.

For More IIPM Info, Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.